Our vision and ethos
Our strategic priorities:
Over the next 3 years, we will:
- Grow our provision (pupil numbers, staffing) and relocate to purpose built site
- Ensure personalised pathways for each learner providing the very best preparation for adulthood.
- Ensure that the VB methodology is embedded within a full and diverse curriculum offer.
As a member of The Rise Partnership Trust, The Avenue School is committed to championing unique potential and pursuing excellence in all that we do; providing the most effective education, therapy, support, and provision for all.
This is reflected in our 3 core values Love, Learn, Laugh and we know that when pupils are safe, happy, and well cared for their learning is enhanced.
- To support our vision, The Avenue School provides a specialist teaching environment for pupils with a range of special educational needs, including: global developmental delay, Autism, and severe/complex learning difficulties.
- The Avenue School provides a very specialist environment with small classes (7 to 10 pupils), specially trained staff, and onsite speech and occupational therapy.
- Pupil interventions are carefully planned to ensure every pupil makes the best possible progress.
- The Avenue School works hard to ensure that all of our pupils achieve their unique potential both personally, socially, emotionally, and academically in all areas of the curriculum (regardless of their gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, sexual identity, physical ability or educational needs).
- The majority of The Avenue School pupils move into our school at the beginning of Year 1. Sometimes The Avenue School have vacancies further up the school if pupils move to other settings. Places can only be offered after a referral from Brent SENAS. Very occasionally The Avenue School are able to offer places to pupils from out of borough.
- All of The Avenue School pupils have an Educational Health and Care Plan.
If you would like further information about what we offer here at The Avenue School then please do not hesitate to contact us directly.