Attendance at The Avenue School
At The Avenue School we are proud that our pupils’ school attendance is a strength. We aim for learning environments which enable and encourage all members of the community to 'Love, Learn and Laugh' together. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education it is vital that they attend regularly and therefore parents and carers should ensure that their child is at school, on time, every day the school is open unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
We highly value our work with families to promote good attendance, so that together we can:
- Listen to parents and carers carefully to find out why their children are not attending, so we can offer support where needed.
- Provide family support through our dedicated team
- We ensure that our pupils’ attendance is always recorded accurately and legitimately, in line with current regulations
- Promote a culture where pupils, families and school staff recognise the links between good school attendance, the quality of education, keeping our pupils safe and the achievement of our children
- Please advise the school of any absences in advance wherever possible via the home school book, phone or email
- For absence reported on the day, parents must contact the school 0203 829 4690 before 9:00 am
- Failure to report your child’s absence will result in an unauthorised absence
- If your child is absent for more than one day, you must call in every day they are not in school
- Any term time requests for leave must be made in advance and applications can be requested form the main office.
Our School Day:
8.50am: School doors open
9.00am: Children arrive and registered
9.10am: Registers close and children who arrive after 9.10am will be marked late
1.00pm: Afternoon registers are taken
3.10pm: School day ends
Total hours: 32.5 hours per week.