Vacancy: Verbal Behaviour Tutor
Job Title: Verbal Behaviour Tutor
Address: The Avenue School, Christchurch Avenue, London, NW6 7BH
Name of Head Teacher: Louise Kimber
Salary: GLPC Scale 5 points 12 to 16 (£25,578 – £27,471) + SEN Allowance £1,347 FTE. Actual Salary (Pro Rata), £23,237 including SEN Allowance
Hours: 36 hours per week – term time only + INSET days
Closing Date: Open until positions are filled
Shortlisting: Upon receipt of application forms
Interview Date: TBC if your application is successful
Start Date: September 2022 with positions available throughout the academic year
We have opened our brand new purpose-built site and will be expanding over three years to reach our capacity of 104 places, for pupils with autism and complex needs, eventually educating children from EYFS up to the age of 19.
We are seeking to appoint Verbal Behaviour Tutors to join our vibrant and welcoming specialist school. Our staff teams are positive and enthusiastic about ensuring all pupils reach their unique potential by offering a broad and balanced curriculum personalised to meet their individual needs. We believe in inspiring pupils in their learning through offering irresistible learning experiences.
As the school is expanding we require new Verbal Behavior Tutors on a rolling basis to fulfil our pupils’ individual needs. Please contact the school for more information if required.
We can offer you:
- A place within a committed Verbal Behaviour team;
- High quality professional development opportunities;
- Calm, purposeful and well-resourced learning environments;
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school;
We are looking for:
- Positive, energetic and creative tutors/teaching assistants with a love of teaching and learning;
- Applicants who have a keen interest in developing skills in Verbal Behaviour;
- Individuals who have experience in positively managing behaviour;
- Experience or knowledge of autism and/or severe learning difficulties;
- The ability to plan and deliver individual and small group sessions.
- Confidence in collecting and analysing pupil data
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all our staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
The advertised role is not eligible for visa sponsorship, only applicants with the automatic right to work in the UK should apply.
If you require any more information about the specifics of the job please contact Emily Williams (Director of Inclusion) by email on Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or Louise Kimber (Head Teacher) by email on email@example.com
Otherwise, please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached, completed application forms can be sent to:
Telephone: 0203 829 4690
IF YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL WITH AN APPLICATION TO EITHER MANOR SCHOOL OR THE AVENUE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED