Vacancy: Class Teachers
Salary: MPS-UPS plus SEN allowance
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 23rd May 2022
Interview Date: week commencing Monday 23rd May 2022
Start Date: 1st September 2022
The Avenue School (NW6 7BH) provides specialist teaching for pupils with autism and complex needs. We have recently moved to a brand new, purpose-built site and will be expanding over two years to reach our capacity of 104 places; educating pupils from EYFS up to the age of 19.
We are seeking to appoint experienced and highly skilled Class Teachers to join our vibrant and welcoming specialist school. Our staff team are positive and enthusiastic about ensuring all pupils reach their unique potential by offering a broad and balanced curriculum, personalised to meet their individual needs. We believe in inspiring pupils in their learning through offering irresistible learning experiences.
We offer an exceptional CPD package for our staff and our ethos is ‘everyone a learner, everyone a leader’. We believe in growing our own leaders and are passionate about offering all motivated staff opportunities to develop their leadership skills; especially as there will be many opportunities arising as we expand.
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentor programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratios
- Dedicated support from specialist colleagues in our MAST team including therapists and behaviour experts
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team;
- Calm, purposeful and well-resourced learning environments;
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school;
We are looking for:
- Qualified teachers with experience working in a special needs school
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative teachers who are outstanding classroom practitioners and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- Teachers who strive to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Teachers who are committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families.
- Practitioners who have experience in positively managing behaviour
- Individuals with a commitment to their own continued professional development
- Teachers with a sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Candidates with experience or knowledge of working with individuals with autism and/or learning difficulties
- Teachers with secondary school experience and subject specialism who are looking to lead a curriculum area
Please note that there is no parking available at our site.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
The full job description and application form can be downloaded below.
Completed application forms must e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline